Business Development Executive
Agendize was founded in 2003 under a single guiding principle: investing in the web isn’t sustainable if it doesn’t bring you real clients. For 14 years, Agendize’s outstanding teams have dedicated themselves to solving this problem for their users.
In the process, Agendize has emerged as a solution uniquely suited and customizable to the needs of all businesses, and its complete platform fully empowers a business of any size with all the tools necessary to respond to customers and their needs, including online bookings, live chat, click-to-call, CRM, email/sms marketing, mobile apps and more.
In more recent years, Agendize was awarded the SIINDA Industry Excellence Award for its business mobile app, and was also a Finalist for Street Fight Magazine’s “Best On-Demand App or Service”, while also accruing bigger wins among clients both large and small, truly bringing its founding mission to life.
With a strong international presence through its offices in US, Canada, Mexico and Europe, Agendize offers a stimulating work environment with the spirit of startup, and the opportunity to be part of a great adventure based on a novel, transformative concept.
The primary role of the Business Development Executive is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. They must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company. They must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. Business Development Executive works with mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff. He/she may manage the activities of others responsible for developing business for the company. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business development’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
1. New Business Development Responsibilities
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Organizing and executing a multi-faceted sales plan such as cold calling , email and mail campaigns, to effectively make direct contact with prospects.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. * Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- You will actively seek out new sales leads and business opportunities through active networking and utilizing business referrals.
- You are hugely curious will constantly look for ways to enhance your knowledge of our industry, market, and competitors to provide that sales needed to close business and generate revenue.
2. Client Retention
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Business Development Planning
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
3. Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Track and record activity on accounts to close deals to meet targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like pre-qualification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
- You are one of the top 10% of the sale people in your current company/division.
- You are incredibly smart (we are in a very fast moving industry and you have to be nimble of mind to keep up) and have a work ethic second to none.
- You’ve got 4-8 years of enterprise software sales experience, meaning you’ve experienced the full range of obstacles when behind the wheel of creating a complex & enterprise wide SaaS deals.
- You are of entrepreneurial mind set and revenue generation is your ultimate goal.
- You are bilingual (english & french)
- A bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience.
Skills & Qualifications
Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
Apply for this job